Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Oh Temptation....

This article was brought to my attention at the best possible point of my life. Yes you can Resist!
I will be having Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy surgery in 2 weeks and have been battling the 'Last Supper' mentality. I just can't let myself say no because it will be the 'last time' I will have 'insert food here' ever, or for a while. After putting away 3 or 4 chocolate chip cookies and feeling immense guilt and pain(real pain, junk food hurts!) I started beating myself up.

Knowing that there is an actual study behind putting off a craving, I might actually let myself believe it will work. I'm sure I have been able to do this before subconsciously, just never put two and two together. I'm fairly certain this will be my mantra from now on. Sure I can have that, I'll just wait until later to do it!

No comments: